Pinterest Traffic Converts – Plain and Simple!
Okay, let's have a quick show of hands: how many of you thought Pinterest was just another place to put your photos, and maybe pick up some easy links. Don't be embarrassed, many of us didn't know it would end up being the traffic monster it's fast morphing into, and even fewer assumed traffic from there would convert. Rethink it all!
5 Amazing statistics about Pinterest that will change the way you think about it!
- According to Mashable, Pinterest has now outstripped Twitter, LinkedIn, Reddit and Google+ COMBINED in terms of traffic!
- Think this is junk traffic? Think again! Traffic from Pinterest is converting at rates 50 percent more than the rest.
- Pinterest Pins are evidently evergreen, delivering traffic, clicks and sales months after they've been pinned!
- Guess which photo sharing site brings in 4X more revenue than Twitter and a full 27 percent more than Facebook? Good guess, Pinterest!
- And just how much more revenue? Well a study by Piqora discovered that a single Pin is now worth $0.78 in sales, a figure that is rising some 25 percent per year.
So how to capitalize on Pinterest traffic?
Getting the best results from Pinterest will be a matter of making a decision to make it an integral part of your social media marketing plans. It's just not enough to slap a Pin It button on your blog posts or images and pray for the best. Here are some tips on How to Use Pinterest and make it work for you.
The first step is understanding what you can pin. It's not just pictures! Any media which includes any sort of visual component has the potential to help out. Think of blog posts, videos, slideshows, book covers, marketing materials, Powerpoint presentations and more. Make it easy for your site visitors to pin your content back to their Pinterest accounts by using a Pin It button. Get an account for your business, and start some pin boards, linking back to your products and services on your site. Pinterest is not hard to get started with, and has the opportunity to drive a large number of converting buyers to your site. Get in while the getting's good! Pinterest Everything!