Online Marketing Trends for 2014
What we have here are five trends in online marketing that will dominate in 2014. A few of have been emerging for a few years, while others are very fresh. Discover how many of these you can work into your company's marketing plan this year.
5 Trends in online marketing that will dominate in 2014
- Content Marketing – Ensuring your content is top-notch and that there's a lot of it is your mission for 2014. If you're marketing online, this is the way you're speaking with your prospects, so stagnant and smelly content won't do! Besides that, studies are showing that companies having a blog regularly get 67 percent more leads than those that don't.
- Visual content takes the cake! – The current web browser is far more apt to be captivated by visual content rather than large blocks of text, so whenever you have a chance to use visuals, do it! The use of images, videos, slideshows and more are much more likely to be shared all over the place.
- Retargeting – This is the practice whereby your online advertising is coded to follow people who have requested a particular search term. Sounds a bit like stalking, but the truth is retargeting is catching on fast and it works, keeping your brand face-to-face with interested, targeted surfers. Companies like Adroll and Google are the leaders in this right now.
- Social Signals – Even though the jury is still out as to how much social signals work to your benefit in Google's search engine algorithm, there's no doubt that as we develop into a more social web, this significance will only rise. You should be following a social media marketing plan, and that it takes advantage of the major players like Facebook, Twitter, LinkedIn, Pinterest and Instagram.
- Demographic targeting in ads – You now have the ability to target your advertising with the accuracy of a smart bomb. Platforms like Facebook with their promoted posts and custom audiences are making it easier to target incredibly niche markets quickly and easily. What's more, you can do this at a fraction of the cost it would take you to advertise widely and inefficiently. This is the year targeted paid ads are on every marketer's to do list!