5 Quick Tips to Help You Dominate Local Search On Google
You know, it's very cool that your business can be found for whatever you sell around the world, but in reality, if you're serving a local market and you're not effectively appearing in your local search results for your main terms, names and products, then what does it matter?
Since we now know that 1 in 3 searches in Google are now local in intent, and more than 70 percent of people look online for offline services, it's a no-brainer that you need to dominate local search results, and below are a few ways to do just that.
5 Tips to win with local search results
- Google+ Local Page – Ensuring that your business has a Google+ local page helps provide the opportunity to appear in local search results. You should claim your Google+ Local page, and offer as much information as you can.
- Claim Your Citations – Citations are simply listings for your business on Local Search Engines and within social media. This could be on Facebook, , Bing, Yelp, FourSquare, Google, Yahoo! Local Search and AussieWeb Local Search, along with many other sites. Claim your listings on these sites for the links and direct traffic they provide.
- Reviews – Reviews are great not only for social proof, but also for boosting your ranking in the Google local search results. Getting reviews to your Google+ local page is among the biggest things you can do. Ask your customers for reviews and offer them a link to where they can leave it.
- NAP – This stands for name address and phone number, and is a vital piece of your local optimization. Citations including this information are worth more, both in Google's eyes and in practical terms.
- Mobile – Studies are showing that three out of four mobile searches initiate follow-up actions, whether this means an actual store visit, social sharing or phone call. Ensure that your site is optimized for mobile, so you are able to take advantage of where so many people are headed in local search!