What You Need to Know About the New Facebook Pages Update
Just when you thought you can take it easy, new Facebook Pages update will need your attention if you are intent on getting the most out of your business pages.
While the changes are meant to make the Facebook page appear more organized and enable people to access your information easier, there are a few details that might be unpleasant to some, even if this update is something of a aesthetic overhaul. Let's take a look at how this is rolling out.
New changes to your Facebook Pages Update
- Single column Timeline format – Your Timeline will now be found on the right side of the page, in a single column. The left side has all of your pertinent business information, videos and pictures.
- Wider pages and posts – The Facebook Page posts are going to span a healthy 511 pixels, which represents around a 25 percent increase over the room you had before. Which means you can include and feature larger images, making your content stand out visually.
- Overlaid Like button – This is one that might cause a bit of consternation. The Like button will now be overlaid onto your cover photo. Which means that if you happen to have a rather busy image on it, there is a chance that the Like button will be hard to find, and get missed.
- Apps are further down – Your Apps are now going to be positioned on the left side of the page. This is actually the least friendly of the changes, as the Apps can be pushed even further down the page by the new Similar Pages feature, making it hard for people to find your Apps.
- Similar Pages – When someone likes your page or one of your apps, a new feature called Similar Pages springs into view. This content might also contain your competitor's pages.