What the Heck is Google My Business and Do You Need It?
It can be quite a task always keeping up with all the incarnations Google goes through with their local products. Google Maps, Places, Google+ Local, and now, Google My Business. Before you go running away, throwing up both your hands, let me just tell you that Google My Business is not bad at all.
Promoted by Google as a way for local merchants and service providers to create and manage listings all in one easy to use platform, they appear to have accomplished exactly that!
Essentially Google+ is now the platform, and all else revolves around this.
5 Reasons Why You'll Want to Create Your Local Presence on Google My Business
- Google My Business centralizes all your information – No longer will you have all your information spread over several different Google platforms, increasing the chances that you can have errors and consequently ranking problems. Now you've got one place to go to update, add images, virtual tours, and more.
- Use Google+ to Connect with Your Customers – When using the Google+ platform integrated with GMB, you've got an easy way to connect directly to your customers and prospects through your company's Google+ page, add content and images, and you even have the ability to use Hangouts. Very cool.
- Customer Review Management – Everyone likes this one. Now you have a simple solution to managing your reviews through Google+ You can see and interact with anyone who leaves a review, and take care of any problems promptly.
- Run Everything From Your Phone – Out and about? Now using the Android or iOS apps you are able to run your business on the Google My Business platform wherever you are. This even applies to ad campaigns!
- Google My Business Customer Insights – A surprisingly useful statistical function will show you where your customers are coming from, what they're clicking, and more. It also integrates easily with your Google Analytics account, as well as Adwords. Not bad, Google!