Getting Started with Social Media Ads
Love the concept of utilizing social media in order to reach a huge pool of people, but are unsure the steps to making this happen? While setting up a social media presence that is vibrant and well-known takes some time and effort, reaching a huge number of highly targeted people on social media can be done using paid advertising on these networks.
Where you might struggle along for several months working to create or find an audience, you can get one in minutes from social media sites. From the likes of Facebook Ads, LinkedIn Ads, Twitter, and to a smaller degree, Tumblr, Vine, Pinterest and YouTube. They all have a distinct following, and it's advisable to plan your ads in conjunction with your target demographics.
What are the benefits of using paid social ads?
There are a number of benefits to using social media advertising. Let's examine several of them.
- Incredible targeting tools – You'll be able to target incredibly minute segments of your target market with highly relevant ads.
- Immense audiences – Your ads in front of millions of people quickly. Nuff said?
- Opportunities for cheap ads – Unlike Google Adwords, with some smarts and practice, typically the social media ad platforms are less expensive.
- Fast results – Get your ads up in a few minutes. Little setup or approval time needed.
Tips for maximizing performance with paid social ads
- Test relentlessly – Testing helps improve your CTR and lowers costs. Test images, colors, copy and punctuation. Every little thing matters! Just a single percentage point improvement could tip the balance between success and failure.
- Target carefully – The great advantage of social ads is the opportunity to target minutely. Fine tune your targeting.
- Tie in a sound content marketing strategy with your social ads – Great content is vital to not just build your audience but also get them to follow you, if you don't wish to pay for an audience that is basically gone whenever your campaign ends.
- Tracking is vital! – All of these platforms offer some sort of tracking, but be sure you're using the best solution you possibly can. Different platforms may require a different solution.
- Try retargeting – Retargeting works. Yes, it might seem a little creepy to have your ads stalking people around the internet, but numbers don't lie.
Social media ads offer reduced costs and the an opportunity to increase your ROI as well as immense reach and speedy implementation.