Optimizing Your Blog Posts for the Search Engines
If you want your posts to be read by anybody other than your mom, it's incumbent upon you to optimize your blog posts to ensure that you give your content the best chance possible at getting ranked in the search engines.
The fact is that optimizing your blog posts will help them find a wider audience. Here are 5 tips that can help your blog posts enter the blogosphere ready for action and help you optimize for Google.
5 Blog optimization tips
1. Target specific keywords - Among your tasks is to know what keywords you are targeting. Writing to be seen in the search engines mandates that you give them a clear road map to where you'd like to be found. Choose one primary keyword plus several secondary for each post, and be sure they are in the title, first sentence or two, and then when needed throughout your post. DO NOT go overboard and stuff your post; it won't help and WILL hurt!
2. Make your content fun to read - Readers on the Web typically scan a page, so it's your job to make them pause. The best ways to do this are by using lots of headlines, visuals and videos. Don't pound them with long stretches of text, or they're out of here!
3. Entice with compelling headlines - A good way to slow them down a bit is by inserting a headline that either raises a question or makes a claim that they have to find out about.
4. Make them social - Enable social sharing buttons on your blog, and encourage their use. You never really know who's going to read your post and Tweet it to their zillions of followers.
5. Are you using responsive design? - Since over half of all blog posts are now first read on a mobile device, you must ensure that yours are displaying properly. Responsive design will make sure that you will be seen clearly across any platform.
If you need help generating leads, please call us. We have an excellent lead generation program where we pay for all your advertising expenses and take all the risk for you. You only pay when you get results. This is a massive undertaking and understandably we're limited in how many companies we can help at any one time. If you're interested and find the program paused or not available, just leave your details and we'll let you know when it re-opens.