How can we prevent our local search rankings drop out of sight
We are busy with our local businesses, and it can be all too easy to make local SEO mistakes and have our local search rankings drop. Few small business owners can afford the luxury of having a full-time SEO expert, so we are left to carry on, hoping to not make a fatal local SEO mistake.
Here's 7 easy to make local SEO mistakes to stay away from
- Lack of local content – If you want to attract a local audience, you need at least some local content. It would be great if that could happen on a consistent basis, as Google is always looking to reward fresh content.
- Keyword strategy is non-existent – If you are not sure which keywords you want to target, you are lost even before you start. Take time to do some keyword research so that you can properly optimize your site.
- Few or no reviews – The most effective way is to ask some of your most satisfied customers to help you. They will usually be happy to, and this evidence of social proof will go a long way for you. Don't try to manipulate reviews. You will be found out.
- Inconsistent NAP data – Ensure that your name, address and phone is the same across all social and web platforms. An easy task to do, and very important for Google.
- Not using videos – You can rank easily on YouTube for local keywords your customers are searching.
- Absence of Social media – Make sure you tie in your social media pages into your site, and offer people the opportunity to share your content all over the place.
- No mobile optimization – Since now more than half of all searches are done via a mobile browser, which means that your customers are out there looking for you on their phones, and you're going to tell me you're not available? Not a good idea.
If you need help generating leads, please call us. We have an excellent lead generation program where we pay for all your advertising expenses and take all the risk for you. You only pay when you get results. This is a massive undertaking and understandably we're limited in how many companies we can help at any one time. If you're interested and find the program paused or not available, just leave your details and we'll let you know when it re-opens.